Do you want to contribute to open source software in the Laravel community, but don't know how? This online course will show you step-by-step how to get your first PR submitted and approved!
There are so many ways to contribute to open source software, and there's no better community than Laravel to do it in.
What Will I Learn?
You will learn everything you need to know about submitting a Github Pull Request to an Open Source Laravel Package. That means you'll learn how to:
- Identify a pull request opportunity (something that needs to be done)
- Fork an open source package
- Symlink your forked package to a local Laravel project
- Make code changes and test locally
- Submit Your PR with detailed information about your changes.
And finally, there are a few things you may want to do after your PR is submitted I will also cover
- Keep your forked repo up-to-date with the original
- Use your fork in production if your PR is not merged quickly enough
Everyone can contribute to the Laravel community. Yes, that means you! Let's do this!
If that sounds too intimidating, don't worry. There are tons of other great ways to contribute to the Laravel framework and other Laravel packages. I will also cover:
- Strategy to open really good Github issues
- Submit a docs PR fast!
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is ideal for someone who has been doing Laravel or PHP development but submitted few, if any, pull requests.
All are welcome, but this course will be much better for someone who already knows their way around a Laravel project.
Price: You Name It
I don't want anyone to miss out on an opportunity to contribute to open source software because they can't afford it. If you want it FREE, awesome! Don't worry about money, let's get your first PR submitted!
If you think the content is valuable and would like to pay, I would be most grateful. If I were to recommend a fair price, I think something in the $30-50 range is a-ok.